Young Leaders’ Scheme
The Young Leaders Scheme offers Explorers from across the District the chance to work with our younger sections (Beavers, Cubs, and Scouts) as a Young Leader. Young Leaders help organise and run activities under the supervision of Adult Leaders, this gives them the skills and knowledge to be part of the section leadership team, and offers training towards their leadership skills.
Through the scheme Explorers can access Modules – a series of activities that equip them with the skills needed to succeed in their leadership roles:
- Module A – Prepare for take-off (essentials and expectations)
- Module B – Taking the lead
- Module C – That’s the way to do it!
- Module D – Understanding behaviour
- Module E – Game on!
- Module F – Making Scouting accessible and inclusive
- Module G – What is a high quality programme?
- Module H – Programme planning
- Module I – What did they say?
- Module J – Communicate it!
- Module K – First aid masterclass
These modules are designed to be completed flexibly and at your own pace – keep an eye out for the next event!
Alongside the 11 Modules, we challenge Young Leaders to complete 4 Missions. These Missions are designed to challenge Young Leaders to put their skills into practice, by doing so, they will gain confidence and become an integral part of the section leadership team.
Already a Young Leader? Check out the Programme Planning tool – with over 500 activities for all sections, use this to help plan your nights and activities, familiarise yourself with it below…